Copyright © Simply 14
Design by Dzignine
1.28.2012

While We Were Walking

 In effort to become healthier, Chucky Sue and I have been going on daily walks. We're really very close to a great walkway that leads to Chucky Sue's favorite park.  There is lots for Chucky Sue to look at the whole time, and hardly any cars on the tiny one way street.

Even though our winter has been snowless (No... I'm not bitter...much.) we've had some chilly mornings. We had been using her beloved pink blanket, Night-Night, but that is a dangerous practice. She's dropped it while we cross streets, or it gets dragged through to the mud. After a bit of searching, I found this awesome transforming blanket doo-dad on sale. It fits into strollers and car seats, bundles up the kid and has a windproof outer shell. It also unzips into a full baby blanket. For $18 it works great on our walks and should last through several more children!
I liked the old fashioned bubblers they had in the park, I like weird things okay!

Our city is really very pretty. I was worried that moving to the "big city" would mean no trees or grass unless we drove back to the in-laws. Our neighborhood is very green, with lots of  big trees and great parks within walking distance. I love the walkway near our house, it's almost entire flat and very well paved.
Okay, not the prettiest tree- but it was huge and has weird branches.

I've impressed Jake, and myself, by going out for a walk almost everyday! Here's to all of you keeping up with your health!

2 comments:

Unknown says:
at: Jan 29, 2012, 12:31:00 AM said...

You've impressed your mother too. I was getting worried.
Of course, you comment about the blanket lasting through several more children has me worried too.
I love being a "Nonie" but I can wait longer before becoming a multi-grandchild Nonie!
Please.
Just putting in my 2 cents worth, in case I'm asked my opinion.

Tracy says:
at: Jan 30, 2012, 3:52:00 PM said...

I don't remember asking your opinion on the timing of my previous pregnancies, I don't plan on asking for any future ones either.