Copyright © Simply 14
Design by Dzignine
8.01.2010

Memory

I'm only in my early twenties but I'm fairly certain I'm losing my memory. If I ever had one to begin with, I don't remember! (oh the puns, I got a million of 'em!)

Jake is always laughing at me when I try to get ready to go somewhere. My internal thought process goes something like this:

 I pick up my phone. oh but wait, we need diapers. But where did I put my phone in between picking it up and getting the diapers? oh that's right by the microwave cause I was making bottles and I didn't want it to get wet. but where'd that bottle go? It's in the bag, good. okay. my phone? it's in the bag. It's not? oh no, I saw it by the microwave but I never picked it up! diapers? What? They are on the couch NEXT to the bag. Okay, almost done. keys, keys need my keys. Used them yesterday to get the mail... mail is on the nightstand...no keys. Keys keys keys....Aha, keys in the bathroom because I used the jagged edge to open one of my stubborn body butter jars. Let's go!

all this takes me walking up and down our one tiny hallway about seventy times with Jake laughing by the door with Chucky-Sue. Going in one room, out but back in to double check one spot, My tiny two bedroom apartment  can hide so many of my things! I'm not looking forward to when Chucky-Sue can start moving my things around along with Jake (My keys do not belong on my desk. my desk eats everything that touches it!!)

I'll soon be posting another video, this is one of chucky-sue laughing at my renditon of the mickey mouse clubhouse closing song :) Unless I forget!

2 comments:

Unknown says:
at: Aug 2, 2010, 6:03:00 PM said...

NOW! Do you understand WHY I made lists? No, it wasn't to annoy you or Dad or Court, it was to keep me from having a day like the one you just described! I'm glad you can laugh about it so soon!

Susan says:
at: Aug 3, 2010, 4:08:00 PM said...

Sounds like me trying to get out the door. I'm accused of being slow, but really it's because I have so much to do and remember! (Brian is always waiting at the door or in the car too, but if it was up to him, we'd never have diapers, sippy cups, bottles, bibs, etc. and the dog wouldn't be let out or be in the kennel with water. Also, most lights and the TV would be left on. But, we would get out the door 15 minutes faster!)