Copyright © Simply 14
Design by Dzignine
11.19.2011

Our Newest Visitor

Just a few short days after saying goodbye to Nonie and Ooogie we had a new visitor, of the unwelome sort. 


(No this is not an actual photo- you think I had time to take a photo!?)

While playing in Chucky-Sue's room I heard her say "Meow?" and looked up to see what she was pointing at.

it was a HUGE rat crawling on her radiator.

After much shrieking, frustration, jumping up and down, creative cursing and "oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh"-ing, Jake was able to capture the nasty thing and GET IT OUT  OF MY HOUSE. 

Chucky-Sue thought it was the funniest thing ever and would jump up and down when I did. We then camped out in the living room together because I had to psych myself up just to walk PAST the room, let alone allow my child to SLEEP in there!! I'm doing better today, I let Chucky Sue take her nap in there and she survived. But every little sound that this old house makes puts me on edge. 

This is a long about way of telling you that you all need to leave comment convincing Jake that we need to adopt a cat.

1 comments:

Unknown says:
at: Nov 19, 2011, 9:49:00 PM said...

Jake, unless you can put up with screaming, jumping & all out craziness from your wife each and every time a rodent gets into your apartment,
GET A CAT!
There's never "just one rodent"! They have families too! And you didn't kill the bugger! What's to keep it from finding its way back to exact its revenge?
As Tracy's mother, I would LOVE to see this "rat sighting" change your wife into a cleaning, neat, organized wonder woman who will starve those dirty rats right out of your apartment and away from Chucky-Sue! But I know the odds are slim.
So, GET A CAT!
I'll help w/supplies & will send a gift card for a litter box & scoop as well as the 1st box of kitty litter @ PetCo!