Copyright © Simply 14
Design by Dzignine
10.14.2011

31 Days of Halloween: Day Fourteen

I picked up a cheap off-white square plate at Target last week, just $1.25. It was screaming to me as we walked around the store "Decorate me Tracy! Make me into something more!"

Some plates just have egos like that I guess.



I modge-podged some black and white scrapbook paper on the edges, trimmed it with some ric-rac and voila! a non-dishwasher safe, completely unwaterproof, not so good for messy foods, holiday plate! I'm using it to hold these yummy mud pie cookie bars we made.  I'm sure there is so product out there you could coat it with it make it water resistant so you could rinse it off once in a while but using a lightly damp paper towel VERY carefully has been working well for me thus far!

                         Mud Pie Cookie Bars

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 cups powdered sugar- "crushed stones"
1-1/2 cups Chocolate Graham Cracker Crumbs- "top soil"
1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter- "clay"
1 cup pkg melted chocolate- "mud"


Optional: gummy worms, gum paste flies/spiders, general gross stuff that kids just love.

Preparation:
LINE 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan.
MELT butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 45 sec. Add next 3 ingredients; mix well. Spread into prepared pan; cover with chocolate.
CUT partially through dessert to mark 48 squares. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan; cut into squares.

(I halved the recipe which is why my cookies are thinner and crumblier.)









0 comments: