Copyright © Simply 14
Design by Dzignine
9.05.2011

Craft: Painted Baby Food Jars

What to do with all those leftover baby food jars? One person only has so many buttons and screws they need to keep organized. My idea? Turn them into holiday decorations (or as Jake calls them, "pretty dust collectors".)



Use a sharpie (or hand paint it if you are that talented) a design on the front of the jar, fill the inside with slightly watered down paint and roll it around until the whole thing is covered. Then place the jars upside down on a paper covered tray to drain the extra paint and allow to dry.

*add just a few drops of water, too much and the paint won't stick, too little and it won't spread well. (and use new-er paint, my older paints were clumpy and I had t use a brush to cover the whole jar, leaving annoying brush strokes everywhere.)

* use dark colored or metallic sharpies, light colors just don't show up.

* This a messy project, don't do it on the kitchen table like I did. you've been warned!

(when painted yellow, the jars look like legoman heads- just FYI.)

3 comments:

Grammie says:
at: Sep 5, 2011, 6:36:00 PM said...

Cute idea Tracy.

Nicki says:
at: Sep 5, 2011, 6:58:00 PM said...

These are really cute!

Dan says:
at: Sep 5, 2011, 8:28:00 PM said...

I have so many baby food jars! Now I have an excuse to give Dan when he asks why I'm keeping them. :)