Copyright © Simply 14
Design by Dzignine
1.03.2009

Goodbye 2008

So before my sidetrack to the ER I had planned to blog about the New Year and what not. Here it is!

In 2008 I was newly married, living completely independent from my parents for the first time,(well like 90%, Parents never truly stop helping their children). I learned so much more about Jake in those first few months than we ever did when we were dating. I learned that while I could cook without burning down the house, my creativity was severely lacking. I started researching recipes and calling my mom to get all the recipes I'm sure she tried to make me learn when I was a teenager. One of my goals in 2009 is to learn 5 new recipes that I can make from memory.

In 2008 I gained a very strong testimony about family. Living far away from my parents and New England relatives made me realize how much I counted on them always being near-by. I now know that family doesn't always mean blood relatives. Friends and in-laws have been my lifeline through the tough times of the past year. I want to strengthen those relationships and keep strong relationships alive this year.

In 2008 I loved Art. I had always doodled and played around with crafts- but I had never thought that I had any talent for it. Now I know it makes me happy, and if I can find away to do something I love and make some sort of living out of it, I'll be even happier! I want to start making money off of this hobby in 2009, either by giving art lessons or selling online.

In 2008 I learned how strong I was. I learned that I could deal with loss, pain and grief with my chin up. I learned that I trusted in my temple marriage far more than I ever knew. I learned I could still laugh and let that laughter keep me above depression. I can't begin to say how lucky I am to have that talent, to be happy when everything in my life wanted me to be sad. I hope that in 2009 I get to be happy because my life wants me to be happy :)

Now on to 2009, I already have a new experiences coming my way and it's not even February!

2 comments:

Nicki says:
at: Jan 5, 2009, 11:28:00 AM said...

This was very inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

Jen says:
at: Jan 5, 2009, 10:17:00 PM said...

I am so happy that you know how strong you are and that you are so ready for the happiness that life will bring you. Your strength is support for the rest of us. Thanks for being you.