Copyright © Simply 14
Design by Dzignine
6.10.2008

Blessed


"When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done"

One thing I really don't like about public blogs is that I never feel comfortable enough sharing personal events with the entire internet as I do writing it in my journal. Some life-altering events have occurred in the past week to me and my family. These events could have easily put me in a deep depression, and most would say understandably so. But, to my surprise, while I am very sad and upset, I am still happy. When I thought this was happening, I imagined myself in a dark room, not answering the phone and shutting everyone out. I thought I would never want to get out of bed again. But I found myself wanting to visit with friends, talk to them, go out with Jake, and actually live life. I've been so much more thankful too. I'm noticing that I was extremely blessed before, and will continue to be blessed after this.

I had a great group of friends and family making sure I was okay, and that Jake and I didn't need anything. I have a mother who was able to drop everything in her life and come to my side when I needed her. My mother-in-law gave up a day's pay to be with me with Jake couldn't. Jake was beyond amazing. He did absolutely everything for me, and made sure I was okay before anything else. My family that was far away sent letters and cards of support and love.

I still wish this didn't happen, and that everything was okay- But I'm doing a lot better than even I expected. I'm very thankful for everything everyone's done- even if it was just asking me how I was doing, it shows that so many more people care about me than I thought.

3 comments:

Anonymous
at: Jun 11, 2008, 8:58:00 AM said...

Hey Tracy!
I'm glad to hear that you are doing OK, you have been in our prayers!

Nataliehlambert says:
at: Jun 11, 2008, 9:04:00 AM said...

We love you. If you ever need to talk you just call me. I have been through this with 4 different friends and while I don't have personal experience with it I know how my friends felt. You are in our thoughts and our hearts. Love Natalie

Amy says:
at: Jun 12, 2008, 9:02:00 PM said...

thank you for letting me and the internet know that you are ok.